getting to & around
Flights to Canberra (CBR)
- Singapore Airlines - direct international flights from Wellington and Singapore to Canberra International Airport.
- Other airlines - Sydney is the closest international airport to Canberra.
Buses and Trains Canberra/Sydney
- Murrays Buses is usually the cheapest bus option from Sydney to Canberra and return. They have departures from the Sydney CBD and the Sydney International Airport. The journey takes around 3.5 hours one way.
- NSW TrainLink has train services between Sydney to Canberra. The Canberra train station is in Kingston, a few blocks from the Canberra Glassworks. The journey takes around 4.5 hours one way.
Bicycle hire: (& useful cycling guide)
- ACT Cabs: (02) 6280 0077
- Canberra Elite Taxis: Phone 132227, SMS 0481 072 700 with Name, Pickup Address and Time required or book online.
- Cabxpress: Phone: 1300 222 977 or book online
- Silver Service: Phone: 13 31 00 or book online
- Wheelchair accessible taxis must be booked ahead. Phone 13WATS (139 287), email email@example.com or book online
Ride sharing (is legal in ACT)
Canberra's public transport network. You need a 'Myway' smart card and Google maps on your mobile
- Myway cards
- Cash Tickets
- Routes and Timetables
- Weekday buses City/ANU to Canberra Glassworks (CGW) & return – routes 4 & 5 – 20 mins
- Weekend & public holiday buses City to CGW & return – routes 980 & 935 – 20-40 mins
- NXTBUS - text service to find out when the next bus is arriving.
- Free city loop Route 101 operates weekdays between 7am-7pm